Private Function Reservations are defined as one-time special events or meetings. These include, but are not limited to, birthday and anniversary parties, family reunions, baby showers, seasonal celebrations, corporate events, and resource or job fairs.
- User, and User’s service providers and agents, shall comply with all applicable federal, state, community, and municipal laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
- No activity, performance, exhibition, or entertainment shall take place on the premises which is, or may be perceived as being, dangerous, indecent, obscene, immoral, or offensive in any manner.
- User must be at least 21 years old and present during the event.
- Reservations may be denied based on User’s past performance.
- The selling of goods and services in the center is prohibited.
- Attendance shall not exceed the room capacity at any time during the event. Entrances, exits, and passageways must be kept clear at all times.
- No person or group shall use any area of the community center for any purpose other than what it was designed or assigned.
- Harris County Precinct 4 park rules and regulations are enforced.
- No smoking is allowed in any Harris County community building.
- No alcohol is allowed in the center or in the parking lot.
- Children under 18 must be supervised at all times.
- No pets, other than properly identified service animals, are allowed in the center. Emotional support animals are not allowed.
Private functions can take place only during the following hours, including setup and cleanup time:
- Friday evenings from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. (4 hours)
- Or Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (6 hours)
- No reservations are available on Harris County holidays.
- All reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. No organization, person, or family may book more than one event per calendar year.
- Reservations can be made no more than six months in advance, and no less than 30 days in advance.
- Patrons attending functions at the center may not remain in the building or parking lot at any time other than the hours reserved for the event.
Deposits and Fees
- Reservations must be made in person through the center staff. The rental fee and deposit are both due at the time reservations are made.
- A non-refundable fee of $150.00 is required. Only money orders and/or cashier’s checks made out to Harris County will be accepted.
- A separate and refundable cleaning/damage deposit of $500.00 is also required. Only group, company, and personal checks made out to Harris County are accepted. No money orders, cashier’s checks or cash will be accepted for the damage deposit. Harris County Commissioner Precinct 4 reserves the right to cash the deposit check in the event any rules listed are not followed, or the function does not end within the reserved time.
- Security is required at all private functions. The Harris County Precinct 5 Constables will determine how many law enforcement officers are necessary. Contact Deputy Dewain Natho of the Precinct 5 Constables Office at 713-515-0486 to confirm security and payment.
Decorations, Alterations, and Equipment
- The center is equipped with a coffee machine. User is responsible for providing their own coffee, sugar, creamer, cups as well as any other supplies needed for the event.
- Kitchen area is for food distribution only. No cooking or preparation of food is permitted. Ovens are for warming only.
- No red or grape-colored drinks are allowed because they permanently stain the carpet.
- Candles, open flames, flammable, or combustible materials are strictly prohibited. Chafing burners are allowed only in the kitchen area.
- Center decorations may not be removed. Personal decorations for private functions may be added. No nails, staples, tacks, tape, or adhesive materials may be used on the walls.
- The facility reserved must be cleaned and returned to the original setup. This includes completing the following:
- Ensure all tables are wiped off and placed correctly on the table racks
- Vacuum carpet
- Sweep floors and wipe down counters in the kitchen
- Mop spills on hard floors
- Remove trash from the building and place in the outside receptacle
- Remove all personal items, and ensure all rented equipment is collected within the reservation time
- Conduct a final walk through with the center representative on site prior to leaving
- Allow at least one hour for cleanup and the final walk through.
- User is responsible for conveying rules of center usage to anyone taking charge of the group, as well as all participants in attendance.